Key Insurance - Privacy and Security
Key Insurance Company and its subsidiaries recognize the importance of our customers’ trust. Keeping our customers’ personal information confidential is a top priority for all Key Insurance Company, its subsidiaries, employees, agents and their staff. This Notice, which is required by state and federal law, explains our Privacy Policies.
- We safeguard, according to strict standards of security and confidentiality, nonpublic, personal information our customers share with us. "Nonpublic, personal information", for example, would include such information as your name, address, social security number and credit information. We maintain safeguards, physical and electronic, to protect that information. We conduct our business in a manner that keeps personal customer information secure.
- We limit the collection and use of customer information to the minimum we require to deliver superior service and to administer our business. We collect personal information about customers from the following sources:
It is our policy that only authorized Key Insurance Company and its subsidiaries Insurance employees, agents and their staff who need to know your personal information will access and use it. Key Insurance Company workers who violate our Privacy Policies are subject to the disciplinary process.
It is our policy not to share personal customer information (either current or former customers) outside Key Insurance Company for any purpose other than the underwriting or administration of a customer’s policy/account or for marketing of additional Key Insurance Company products, unless the disclosure has been authorized by the customer or is permitted or required by law.
Whenever we retain other organizations to provide support services on behalf of Key Insurance Company, we require them to protect customers’ personal information.
To help us keep your information up-to-date and accurate, please contact your agent if there is any change in your personal information.
When necessary, we review and revise our Privacy Policies to protect personal customer information.
- From customers on insurance and loan applications and related forms;
- From your transactions with us, our affiliates or others;
- From consumer reporting agencies; and
- From your transactions with non-affiliated third parties.
What Are “Web Cookies”?
Web cookies are small computer files that a Website places on an Internet user's computer that are designed to store basic information. As a general rule, cookies help Website operators serve their users better and more quickly. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent. Session cookies exist only during an Internet user's online session. They do not collect information from a user's computer, and they typically store information only in the form of session identification. Session cookies are erased from a user's computer when the user closes the browser software. Persistent cookies remain on a user's computer after the browser has been closed, and are stored on a user's hard drive until they expire or until the user deletes the cookie. Persistent cookies are used to collect identifying information about a user, such as Web surfing behavior or user preferences for a specific Website.
How We Use Web Cookies